As well as the sporting and self-defence aspects to Taekwondo, there is also an exercise element, which brings health improvements such as; balance, flexibility, stamina, strength and posture.
In addition to the physical health improvements, Taekwondo is also known to benefit mental health through increased confidence, improved self-esteem, focus, concentration levels and self-discipline.
Taekwondo is suitable for all ages, and the British Taekwondo membership ranges from 3 years to 84 years.
More health benefits of Taekwondo;
- Improved muscle tone and appearance
- Increased strength and stamina
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
- Improved flexibility
- Improved agility and reflexes
- Improved concentration and focus
- Improved leadership skills
- Greater self-discipline
- Reduced stress
Taekwondo remains a hugely popular activity for both adults and children, and boasts circa 70 million practitioners across the world.