You can find out more about volunteer positions available and the process of applying on the Manchester Volunteer Inspire Programme (MCR VIP) website. Please see the list of roles available under the heading of Skills You’ll Need.
Once you have registered to MCR VIP and are approved, you can then select which shifts/roles you would like to do. If you would like to volunteer for a full day, please sign up to both shifts on the day. If you would like to participate for multiple days, please sign up to all shifts you would like to be involved with.
There are volunteer roles available from Monday 27th November to Sunday 3rd December.
Perks and Benefits
In addition to a great experience at one of the most exciting Olympic and Paralympic sports’ major events you’ll get a range of benefits for being involved:
- Free use of the Metrolink in Zones 1 and 2 (travel allowance if not based at the venue).
- A hot meal during each shift, plus snacks and refreshments to keep you going (meal allowance if not based at the venue).
- Official event kit.
- You’ll be able to watch the competition during the event when you’re not volunteering, free of charge.
- An opportunity to meet like minded new people.
- Being part of the team that helps put on an event for GB athletes to qualify for the Olympic and Paralympic Games.