The British Taekwondo Procedure to follow when the symptoms of concussion are observed in any member regardless if in a class, training or competitive situation is as follows:
If you observe a British Taekwondo Member with the symptoms of concussion or you suspect there is concussion then you must,
1. Immediately ‘Remove from Play’.
2. Complete the British Taekwondo Accident Report Form Page 1 and Page 2**
3. Immediately issue the Page 2 ‘Suspension/Protection Notice’ to the injured party. (It contains essential guidance notes).
4. Send Page 1 to British Taekwondo Membership Services within 48 hours.
5. Do not let the injured party return to play other than in accordance with the suspension period i.e., the final 8 days of the day suspension period.
6. For clarity British Taekwondo/WT Suspension periods are:
a. 30 Days for 17 years +.
b. 40 days for 15 and 16 years.
c. 50 days for 14 years and below.
**for the British Taekwondo Accident Report Form follow this link.