A report from the Campus Poomsae Costa Calida 2023 event in Spain.
International Referee Carolina Barros Clark, Education and Progression Manager of British Taekwondo’s Poomsae Referee Department recently conducted a special Theory Regulation class at the Campus Poomsae Costa Calida 2023 event in Spain.
The Poomsae refereeing talk focused on presentation and strategies to enhance various aspects of performance, including speed, power, strength, rhythm, and energy expression. Here are some key takeaways from the session:
- Constant Practice: Emphasizing the importance of regular practice to improve speed, power, and strength in Poomsae movements.
- Pace Control: Maintaining a constant and fluid rhythm throughout the execution, avoiding abrupt changes in speed.
- Body Expression: Working on energy expression through posture and body alignment, projecting confidence in every movement.
- Coordination: Highlighting precise and strong movements necessary through the harmonious coordination of speed and power.
- Breathing: Stressing the significance of controlled breathing to sustain energy and rhythm during the presentation.
- Visualization: Encouraging participants to visualize a flawless presentation before the competition to boost confidence and preparedness.
- Self-Confidence: Reminding everyone to maintain self-confidence as it can have a positive impact and impress judges favourably.
IR Carolina Barros Clark said “As in Poomsae competitions, presentation is just as crucial as the technique itself. Dedication and focus on these aspects can lead to excellence in skills. I believe that activities like these are vital for the growth and improvement of our Taekwondo community.”
You can find out more about Campus Poomsae Costa Calida 2023 via Instagram here, and in the video below.