Joining as an Individual:
It couldn’t be easier to join as an individual. If you’re looking to give Taekwondo a go, simply click the Club Finder button above – then in The Hub – click the ‘Club Finder’ tab at the top of the page. Type in your postcode and you will find the clubs local to where you live.
Many clubs provide free lessons for beginners, all cater for all ages and abilities, so don’t be afraid to try it out, go along and have fun.
Once you’ve found your club, the joining process is as simple as just one form.
Every person in a British Taekwondo club is required to be a British Taekwondo member, even Olympic Athletes. In joining British Taekwondo you will learn Taekwondo with the only Taekwondo organisation in the UK accredited to World Taekwondo (WT) and the British Olympic Committee.
Annual membership of British Taekwondo is £22 (£25 from 1st May 2022).
Please speak to your club coach about joining and any additional club membership charges that may apply.
Membership of British Taekwondo provides you with:
- Annual insurance cover for your activity in training and competitions.
- Peace of mind that you are a member of a club that has been checked and accredited.
- Training and coaching delivered by insured and DBS checked instructors and assistant coaches working to high standards.
- Helping to further good governance, safety, safeguarding and wellbeing in all member clubs in the UK.
- Access to seminars, courses, competitions and gradings both locally and nationally.
- A membership certificate.
- Membership to the National Governing Body of the Olympic sport of taekwondo in the United Kingdom.
- Membership to World Taekwondo along with 60 million other members worldwide.
Application forms can be obtained from the download section on this website. Forms should be completed and handed to the Instructor who will forward this to British Taekwondo on your behalf.
Joining as a Club:
There has never been a better time for Clubs or Associations that practice the WT form of Taekwondo to join British Taekwondo.
If you are considering joining your Club or Association and wish to discuss the many benefits of membership or to request an information/registration pack please contact the Membership Services Team.