We want everyone to have the best possible involvement in Taekwondo.
We strive to make sure that everyone who takes part in our sport is safe and happy.
Everyone in our sport must ensure that:
- The welfare of a child is paramount.
- Whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity, they have the right to protection from abuse.
- Any suspicions and allegations of abuse and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- They value children and young people and listen to and respect them.
- They create a positive culture and climate.
Our Safeguarding Policy lays out in more detail what we expect from everyone, and the action that we will take should things need addressing.
If you have any concerns, please contact Rachel Smith our Safeguarding and Compliance Officer at Safeguarding@britishtaekwondo.org or 07568503791.
We accept that voicing concerns can be hard, but we want our sport to be a safe one and your concerns will be dealt with sensitively.