This Privacy Notice has been written to inform volunteers (both expert sport volunteers and events/training volunteers) working with British Taekwondo about what we do with your personal information.
Who are we?
British Taekwondo is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4 (7) of UK GDPR. This means that we determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your personal data is processed. We have a responsibility to you and your personal data and will only collect and use this in ways which are compliant with data protection legislation.
British Taekwondo has appointed their Safeguarding, HR & Compliance Manager to be its Data Protection Officer (DPO). The role of the DPO is to ensure that British Taekwondo is compliant with the UK GDPR and to oversee data protection procedures. The Data Protection Officer’s contact details are:
Manchester Regional Arena
What information do we collect and why do we require it?
As part of your volunteer role British Taekwondo may need to assess your suitability for the role. This means that we need to collect information about you in order to facilitate this.
The personal data we collect about you includes:
- Personal identifiers (your name, address, contact details)
- Personal information relating to your particular role (i.e. if you are a parent governor etc)
- Information relating to the history of your appointment
- Register of business interests
- Race and/or ethnicity may be collected for equality monitoring purposes
- DBS Certificate (expert sport volunteer)
What is our lawful basis for processing your personal data?
British Taekwondo processes your personal data and special category data based on its legal responsibilities to:
- Safeguard it’s members it has responsibility for,
- Maintain adequate health and safety standards,
- Monitor equality and diversity.
British Taekwondo relies on Article 6 (1)(b) (b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract – in this case it is part of the volunteer agreement, and Article 9(2)(a) (explicit consent) of the UK GDPR to process your personal and special category data.
In relation to DBS checks we process in accordance with UK GDPR Article 10 and the Data Protection Act 2018 Section 10 (4) and (5), Schedule 1 Part 2 Paragraph 18 Safeguarding of children and individuals at risk and Schedule 1 Part 2 Paragraph 10 preventing or detecting unlawful acts.
Who do we obtain your information from?
Much of the information we process will be obtained directly from your application form. However, we may need to collect data about you from, but not necessarily limited to, the following organisations:
- The Disclosure and Barring Service.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Your information will only be made available to those who need it to do their job in relation to your role as a volunteer. This includes the relevant administrative staff.
We will share your information with the following organisations:
- Disclosure and barring service to conduct criminal record checks, if applicable
- Your contact details (provided by British Taekwondo) may be made available on the British Taekwondo website for members, dependent on the position you hold
How long do we keep your personal data for?
British Taekwondo will keep your data for as long as you are a volunteer plus 6 years.
What rights do you have over your data?
Under UK GDPR, individuals have the following rights in relation to the processing of their personal data:
- to be informed about how we process your personal data. This notice fulfils this obligation
- to request access to your personal data that we hold, and be provided with a copy of it
- to request that your personal data is amended if inaccurate or incomplete
- to request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted
- to object to your personal data being processed
If you have any concerns about the way we have handled your personal data or would like any further information, then please contact our DPO on the address provided above.
If we cannot resolve your concerns you may also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (the Data Protection Regulator) about the way in which the British Taekwondo has handled your personal data. You can do so by contacting:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner’s Office
email@example.com // 0303 123 1113