British Taekwondo (BT) puts the health and safety of its Members as its highest priority and as such now wishes to introduce a new Member H&S improvement by the formation of a new BT Member H&S Consultative Group consisting of-
- BT CEO as Group Sponsor
- BT Safeguarding, HR and Compliance Officer
- BT Member H&S Advisor (as Chair)
- 2 or 3 appointed BT Member H&S Representatives
Expressions of interest are now invited from current BT Members (Instructors/Coaches/Members) who can demonstrate the following skills-
- Hold an existing H&S qualification (e.g., IOSH or NEBOSH) and/or
- Have experience in occupational H&S and/or
- Have a passion for the H&S of Taekwondo members
The Member H&S Representative roles are voluntary and unpaid and for an initial term of 2 years.
Representatives will not meet formally but will communicate by electronic means probably 2 to 3 times per year or as and when required. Whilst not anticipated, any expenses will be paid if deemed necessary and approved under the BT Expenses Policy
The role involves consultation, review, feedback, from a Member/Club perspective on: –
- The introduction of any Policy, Procedure or Guideline which may substantially affect BT Members Health and Safety e.g., the introduction of new risk assessments or risk controls
- Feedback or review of information on the risks and dangers arising from Taekwondo,
- Feedback or review of the effectiveness of measures to control, reduce or eliminate these risks
- Advise on what BT Members should do if they are exposed to a risk
- Support on the planning and organisation of any required health and safety training
- Feedback and review on the H&S consequences of introducing new Taekwondo techniques, activities or equipment
- Identification and feedback on any potential hazards and dangerous occurrences
- Consultation on general matters affecting the H&S of the BT Membership
- Support on arrangements for getting support to help comply with health and safety laws
- Support on any specific matters on which the organisation must consult.
Member H&S Representatives may also be called on by BT Members to support BT Clubs or at UK Events in an advisory or consultative capacity with a reporting line to the BT Member H&S Adviser.
To assist recognition at Events each Representative will be issued with an identifiable ‘BT Member H&S’ Polo Shirt (as seen with Safeguarding Reps)
Representatives must maintain the confidentiality of any information given and to protect it under the requirements of the BT GDPR Policy.
There will be no formal interview process but it will involve an initial telephone/zoom conversation to establish suitability.
Should applications be oversubscribed then the applicants may be offered to the membership in the form of an election/vote of their preferred representatives.
If this is the case then Applicants would be requested to provide a 50-word summary statement of why they should be elected.
The candidates receiving the most votes would then be appointed.
Applications demonstrating existing H&S qualifications, and/or experience in occupational H&S and/or passion for the H&S of Taekwondo members by email to British Taekwondo H&S at Tom.Stammer@Britishtaekwondo.org
Closing Date: 31st August 2021