This Summer we have a once in a generation opportunity to get the nation to fall in love with Taekwondo!
The largest and strongest ever assembled GB team will be representing all of us in Tokyo, with each of the selected athletes having very real prospects of bringing home the gold. And with Jade Jones seeking an unprecedented third Olympic title, all the signs are that Taekwondo is going to be all over our national TV screens and media at the start of the Olympic Games in just a few weeks time.
To capitalise on Taekwondo being very much in the public eye, we have created National Taekwondo Day on Sunday, 25 July 2021 and you’re invited to take part.
This is not just for combat sport clubs!………….as we all reopen our clubs after the pandemic, this opportunity to promote your clubs in your local community is too good to miss as Taekwondo covers the airwaves – so lets all milk this for all its worth!!!!
Join us as we eagerly watch and stand by to celebrate our Olympic and Paralympic heroes and encourage the nation to #ReleaseYourInnerChampion!
How can I get involved?
It’s easy to join in…………Just throw open your club doors on Sunday, 25 July, showcase the best that Taekwondo has to offer and get yourself noticed in public and on social media.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Hold a club Open day to celebrate National Taekwondo Day – inviting prospective new members to come down, try out a few things, meet the coaches and members – entice people to join!
- Host a National Taekwondo Day Olympic Games watch party – with Jade Jones and Bradly Sinden both in action on this day it could be a crackerjack of a start to the Olympics and a great Sunday in the sun (hopefully!)
- Organise a Taekwondo demonstration in your local village / town / city centre location over the National Taekwondo Day weekend.
- Offer free taster sessions for new members joining during the week leading up to National Taekwondo Day. (BT will provide clubs’ insurance for up to 4 taster sessions)
- Run a digital media campaign to recruit new members across the Olympic competition period
- Distribute leaflets and get banners up in to your local community
- For those of you that run sessions in school buildings – why not see if you can run an end of term Taekwondo fun session on Friday 23rd July (the last day of term for many) and link it to the Games and your club recruitment
You could do any, or all of the above or get creative with your own ideas!
BT will also support you during this period
We are creating a series of assets for you to use on your digital and social channels to help promote your club activities in and around National Taekwondo Day. We will share these with clubs directly when these are ready.
Why you should get involved.
The upcoming 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games provides a golden opportunity for Taekwondo to be viewed by millions of households who wouldn’t ordinarily be exposed to Taekwondo. Within those households will be our future champions, inspired and ready to Release their Inner Champion.
You can help them on this journey!
Using the assets we have created will boost your social media and visibility during the Games and give more people the chance to hear about your club and what you have to offer.
Thank you for your support and good luck with whatever you decide to do over the period!