Next week – the Olympic Games gets underway -and we have a once in a 4-year opportunity to get the nation to fall in love with Taekwondo as much as we do!
The largest and strongest ever assembled GB team will be representing all of us in Tokyo, with Jade Jones, Bianca Walkden, Mahama Cho, Bradly Sinden & Lauren Williams all having very real prospects of bringing home the gold.
And with Jade Jones seeking an unprecedented third Olympic title, all the signs are that Taekwondo is going to be all over our national TV screens and media.
Taekwondo is one of the first sports on the program this time around so you are likely to see even more coverage than previous Games.
To capitalise on Taekwondo being very much in the public eye, we have created NATIONAL TAEKWONDO DAY on Sunday, 25 July 2021 and urge all clubs to take part in some form.
This is not just for combat sport clubs!……………………..As we reopen our clubs after the pandemic, this opportunity to promote your club in your local community is too good to miss, as Taekwondo covers the airwaves – so please grab this opportunity and milk this for all its worth!!!!
Join us as we eagerly watch, and stand by to celebrate our Olympic heroes, and encourage the nation to #ReleaseYourInnerChampion!
How can I get involved?
It’s easy to join in…………Just throw open your club doors on Sunday, 25 July, showcase the best that your Taekwondo club has to offer, and get yourself noticed locally, in public and on social media.
Here are some activity ideas to raise your club profile:
- Hold a club Open day to celebrate National Taekwondo Day – inviting prospective new members to come down, try out a few things, meet the coaches and members – entice people to join!
- Host a National Taekwondo Day Olympic Games watch party – with Jade Jones and Bradly Sinden both in action on this day it could be a crackerjack of a start to the Olympics and a great Sunday in the sun (hopefully!)
- Organise a Taekwondo demonstration in your local village / town / city centre location over the National Taekwondo Day weekend.
- Offer free taster sessions for new members joining during the week leading up to National Taekwondo Day. (BT will provide clubs’ insurance for up to 4 taster sessions)
- Run a digital media campaign to recruit new members across the Olympic competition period
- Distribute leaflets and get banners up in your local community
- For those of you that run sessions in school buildings – why not see if you can run an end of term Taekwondo fun session on Friday 23rd July (the last day of term for many) and link it to the Games and your club recruitment
You could do any, or all of the above or get creative with your own ideas!
BT will also support you during this period
We have created a series of marketing and content assets for clubs to use on your digital and social channels, to help promote your club activities in and around National Taekwondo Day.
These assets include
- Handy Video clips of our star athletes talking about their journey and how they couldn’t have done it without their club!
- A fun animation video – linking stardom to where it all starts (the club!)
- Cartoon character graphics promoting National Taekwondo day (these are editable)
- Star athlete graphics
- Taekwondo is great for….Graphics showing why Taekwondo is good for people (helping confidence, fitness, anti-bullying, is fun!)
- Logo’s for National Taekwondo Day, British Taekwondo, and Covid Safe icons
- Image bank – lots of useful photo’s to use in your social media of people in club settings, plus various images of our star athletes (more will be added as the days go by)
Club leads will be sent a direct link to this asset bank by email so look out for this.
If you don’t receive an email with the asset link, please check your junk folders first. If you still cant see it – check with email@example.com that we have the correct contact details for your club on the hub system.
Why you should get involved.
The upcoming 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games provides a golden opportunity for Taekwondo to be viewed by millions of households who wouldn’t ordinarily be exposed to Taekwondo. Within those households will be our future champions, inspired and ready to Release their Inner Champion.
You can help them on this journey!
Using the assets we have created will boost your social media and your visibility during the Games and give more people the chance to hear about your club and what you have to offer.
Thank you for your support and good luck with whatever you decide to do over the period!