This month British Taekwondo Poomsae is hosting two events and we would like to invite our members, clubs and coaches to get involved.
The first is our Open Poomsae Talent Development Training which will be held via Zoom where athletes will have an opportunity to work with our National Coaches to develop and improve your poomsae. This will be held on Sunday 27th June 2021 10.00-12.00pm. British Taekwondo members of all ages are welcome to participate and athletes should be minimum Green Belt (6th Kup).
Please register by clicking on the link below:
Secondly the British Taekwondo Poomsae Talent ID re-opens for 2021 as we look for talented athletes to join the GB National Poomsae Squad and would like to invite all members of British Taekwondo to get involved as we work towards major events including the World Taekwondo Online Challenge Series in September as well as proposed major events including the 2021 European Championships, Portugal scheduled for November and 2022 World Poomsae Championships due to take place in South Korea next April. Athletes from all age groups are welcome to apply, in particular for this second half of the year, we are looking for athletes in the older age categories (41+ years old) and athletes in our younger age categories (-13 years and below).
Talent ID Application Process
- Must be a British Taekwondo member
- Minimum Grade Red Belt (2nd Kup) and above.
- Additionally athletes should ideally know (or working towards knowing) their full age category competition poomsae range:
- U11 / U14 – Taeguek 4 to Keumgang
- U17 – Taguek 4 to Taebaek
- U30 / U40 – Taeguek 6 to Sipjin
- U50 – Taeguek 8 to Chonkwon
- U60 / U65 / O65 – Koryo to Hansu
- All interested athletes that meet the above requirements must register and be in attendance at the British Taekwondo Talent Development Training Sunday 27th June 10.00-12.00pm.
- Registration is by completing the form on the link below and clicking to confirm that you wish to be considered for the Talent ID Application Process
The athlete must then submit two separate video performances (recently filmed) of the following compulsory poomsae:
- U11 / U14 / U17 – Taeguek 4 & 5
- All other age groups over 17 – Koryo & Taebaek
Important to note:
- The video performance should be in adequately filmed in good lighting so that it can be easily reviewed and assessed by our coaching team
- Videos may be filmed inside or outside and athletes must be wearing full Taekwondo uniform and performing without shoes
- The videos should be uploaded to Youtube and saved as an unlisted video
- The link should then be sent to email@example.com no later than 20th June 2021
- All athletes performances will be reviewed and performances assessed before shortlisting
- Athletes will be re-reviewed during the Talent Development session and feedback provided as applicable
- Final shortlist of athletes shall be announced at the end of the Talent Development Session and selected athletes will be invited to attend Stage 2 which will take place shortly after from 12.30-2.00pm where our coaching team will undertake a final review
and evaluation of performances after which athletes will be notified if successful or otherwise
- Registration open for Open Talent Development Training & Talent ID – Now
- Closing date for registration for Talent Development Training and submission of Talent ID videos – Sunday 20th June
- Talent Development Training – Sunday 27th June 10.00-12.00pm via Zoom
- Talent ID Evaluation and Selection Event – Sunday 27th June 12.30-2.00pm via Zoom
- Notifications will be made to all applicants by email – w/c 28th June 2021
- All successful athletes will be invited to join the 2021 British Taekwondo National Poomsae Squad – Next National Squad Training – Sunday 18th July
- All unsuccessful athletes will be invited to continue their training and development via the Open Poomsae Talent Development Training with a view to re-applying in December for 2022
The fee to take part in the Talent Development and ID is £10 inclusive.
If you have any questions please email Master Chan Sau (Head Coach) @ firstname.lastname@example.org