World Taekwondo have notified us that they are relaxing the entry criteria for people wanting to attend the Level 1 online coaches course on the 6th & 7th July.
Anyone who holds a GAL or GOL licence can now take part.
They are also extending the deadline for registration to 11:59pm on the 3rd July to allow people who were considering doing the course a chance to take part.
In addition, in recognition of the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic on coaches licences – they are offering a 6 month extension to all new coach qualifications.
This is a great opportunity for our Sport Taekwondo coach members who want to coach in G1 and G2 international competitions either now or in the future. (It is mandatory from 2021)
The course will take place over the 6th & 7th July 2020 with a four hour online session each day starting at 17:00 hours local time (in Great Britain)
The course curriculum will cover:
- Competition rules
- Medical Code & Emergency cases
- Games Management
- And an introduction to World Taekwondo.
- There is also a written test at the end to complete!
The course is open to all Sport Taekwondo coaches who are:
- Holders of a World Taekwondo Global license (GAL or GOL)
- Have some experience in coaching***
- Are 21 years old or more
- Overseas coaches are also welcome if they are members of a recognised MNA and are a WT Global licence holder
The course cost is $ 200 US Dollars
At the end of the course (once you have passed the test!!) you will be a fully qualified World Taekwondo Level 1 coach
***If you have coached at a World or European Championship event in 2019 that was promoted by World Taekwondo, you automatically qualify to apply to attend a Level 2 coaching course conducted by WTE (and do not need to do the Level 1)
If you like the idea and want to register:
- You will need to be a valid Global licence holder
(If you don’t have a WT global licence – contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You should go to the GMS platform and log in: – https://worldtkd.simplycompete.com/login
- You should pay by card at the time of registration or by bank transfer to WT (full details of payment methods in outline)
To download the WT Outline click here01. Outline_WT Online International Coach Certification Courses (Great Britain)
To download the WT schedule click hereSchedule_WT Online Coach Certification Course [Level I] – For 2 days
To download the WT info-graphic click here02.-Infographic-description-for-registration-process-WT-Online-Coach-Certification-Course
Closing Date – 3rd July 2020, 11:59pm