Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Taekwondo Qualification
This course is for Instructors who are planning their own sessions and delivering their classes without supervision. This is not a course for Coaching Assistants/anyone working under supervision.
From August 2016 we only offer the Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Taekwondo Qualification Course. 1st4sport Qualifications is recognised as an awarding organisation by the UK regulators Ofqual, Qualification Wales, CCEA and SQA Accreditation.
1st4sport is a brand of Coachwise Limited, the trading arm of The National Coaching Foundation (known as sports coach UK), the UK-registered charity leading the national development of coaches and the coaching system.
The Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Taekwondo Qualification course provides you with an opportunity to study and be assessed for both practical and theoretical aspects of coaching Taekwondo. The course recognises your knowledge and experience of ‘doing’ Taekwondo and therefore focuses on the ‘how to teach’ elements of coaching as well as assessing your knowledge of competition.
What will I learn on the 3-day Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Taekwondo Qualification course?
On successful completion of the Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Taekwondo Qualification course you will understand:
- The role of a coach
- The coaching process
- Participant’s learning styles
- Behaviour management
- How to reflect on a coaching session
- The principles of planning coaching sessions
- The principles of skill development through coaching sessions
- The principles of evaluation in coaching
- Health and safety in coaching
In addition to these areas of learning you will also develop a greater awareness and understanding of:
- Basic nutrition and hydration for sports performance
- Physical conditioning for sport
- Principles of mental preparation for sport
- Awareness of drugs in sport
- Equitable coaching
- Safeguarding & protecting children in sport (including certification through sportscoach UK)
You will need to plan, deliver and evaluate a number of coaching session plans in your club as part of your assessment and you may find our article on “Coaching Points” useful when you come to complete your coaching session plans.
- The Dome Leisure Centre, Doncaster Lakeside, Bawtry Road, Doncaster DN4 7PD (5th & 6th August and 8th October)
- Bluewave Taekwondo Club, Unit 3A Vicers Business Centre, Priestley Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24 9NP (30th September, 1st October and 17th December)
- MORE COURSES WILL BE ADDED FROM APRIL 2017.
How do I book on the 3-day Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Taekwondo Qualification course?
Simply complete the Coach Education Application Form and return it to the office with your payment. Full payment must be received 30 days before day 1 and your place will ONLY be confirmed when payment is received in full and we have confirmed that you have a current criminal records check and Indemnity Insurance in place.
Is there anything else I need to do?
- Download the Candidate Learner Pack below and ensure that you have read this in full before day 1 as it will be referred to during the course. L2 Candidate Learner Pack
- If you don’t already have a Registered Instructor Certificate you will need to purchase that too – cost is £25 plus the cost of a criminal records check. Full details can be found on FORM 12. Form 12
- You will also need to have Indemnity Insurance in place so that you can deliver the 4 coaching sessions in your club before day 3. Indemnity Insurance
- You will receive the remainder of your resources on day 1.
What do I get when I complete the Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Taekwondo Qualification course?
Upon completion, you will receive a Qualification Certificate from 1st4sport Qualifications confirming your new status as Level 2 Coach which you can add to your coaching file.
Your database record will be updated and you will be eligible to take advantage of the offers available to you as a Coach, including:
- £20 discount on Indemnity Insurance for Coaches who have received their Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Taekwondo Qualification Certificate.
- New Level 2 Coach pin badge.
Other discounts and offers will follow in due course.
If you have any questions about the information on this page, contact Debbie Smith on 01623 382020.
photograph courtesy of Lion Taekwondo Club