British Taekwondo Technical Director
British Taekwondo has embarked on a significant strategic and organisation transformational programme and it is reshaping the manner in which it delivers support and services to its membership and instructor community.
As part of this programme BT is restructuring the management team and introducing a Technical Director into the executive leadership team. This role will report directly to, and work closely with, the CEO and will be a member of a small but focused team. You will act as part of the leadership team of the organisation, holding a mandate for leading on the development and delivery across a number of key areas of the NGB operational delivery and change programme.
You will be key to providing essential support to the CEO and the British Taekwondo Board in achieving the goals which have been set within its wider strategic plan.
We will expect you to have experience within or close involvement with a Taekwondo organisation and be able to demonstrate a strong involvement or connection to and understanding of the full spectrum of the domestic and international taekwondo landscape, through to the grass roots and community sport landscape. The role will require the establishment and maintenance of strong working relationships within World Taekwondo, World Taekwondo Europe, Kukkiwon and GB Taekwondo.
You will have a number of key areas of responsibility including:
- Workforce Development and Education – You will lead on workforce development and the evolution of BT’s coach and official education programmes, overseeing content development and delivery to ensure BT has the right capacity and appropriately skilled volunteer base and workforce to help the organisation grow. You will assist in the further evolution of the Dan grading offer and programme for BT members
- Events, Competitions and Athlete/Player Development – BT will be developing its event portfolio, aimed at providing BT membership meaningful and exciting competition opportunities across all BT codes.
- Projects – BT will be running a number of projects across the organisation – particularly in the areas of disability sport and para taekwondo, female participation and the development of the martial art within older age group demographics. You will have an entrepreneurial mindset and be able to develop and lead these projects through periods of development and evolution and ultimately deliver them to the wider market. You will have the opportunity to develop ideas and concepts across the landscape and with wider stakeholders and must have the ability to be flexible and adaptable in your approach whilst being rigorous with delivery and operation.
- Operational Management – You will actively support and deputised for the CEO when required and provide leadership to some key areas of the organisation including Competitions & Events and Grading.
- International / External Relations – working alongside the CEO you will play an active part in fostering strong relations and effective collaboration with organisations BT works with which include but are not limited to: WT, WTE, GB Taekwondo, Taekwondo Organisation Limited, UK Sport, Sport England, British Paralympic Association, Scottish Council of Taekwondo, Sport Scotland, Northern Ireland Sport, Sport Wales and County Sport Partnership Network.
How to apply
If you would welcome the opportunity to work with British Taekwondo please forward your expression of interest with a CV and personal statement to: Kay Davis, Business Services Manager preferably by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date to register expression of interest – Friday 22ndJune.