The schedule of the 2017-18 Coaching Level 2 Qualification Courses has now been updated.
If you wish to register or have any questions regarding the Level 2 Qualification courses or wish to book please contact Debbie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction to the Qualification Course
The Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Taekwondo provides you with an opportunity to study and be assessed for both the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching Taekwondo.
The qualification has been developed and aligned to the underpinning knowledge and understanding of the Level 2 National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Coaching, Teaching and Instructing. The NOS for Coaching have been developed by people from the industry with a vast range of knowledge and experience. These standards provide a benchmark of good practice.
Whether you are coaching, teaching or instructing in an employed or voluntary capacity, it should be a rewarding and responsible role. People who want to do sport and physical activity have expectations of coaches’ conduct and behaviour – it’s our duty not to disappoint them!
Things you need to know:
- Candidates must be at 18 years +, be in current membership and be a 1st Dan or higher.
- Candidates must have applied for a valid criminal record check before they will be allowed to attend the course.
- Wear something casual and comfortable. Days 1 and 2 will be classroom based – starting at 9am and finishing at 5-5- 5.30pm.
- Lunch is provided, please make us aware of any dietary requirements. Refreshments are provided throughout the day.
- You will collect your coaching resources on day 1, this information will be explained to you.
- The Practical Assessment session will take place on day 3, more information will be provided on day 2.
- Each course can accommodate 20 people and places are allocated on a ‘first come, first paid’ basis.
- The course costs £265 per person. There may be subsidies available from your County Sports Partnership and Local Authority Sports Development Units. Check our website Funding Pages.
- You will need to attend all three days and complete the course paperwork which includes theory tasks, planning and delivering a series of coaching sessions.
- Details of the course syllabus and timetable are available from the British Taekwondo website.
- Discounts available when you have completed the Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Taekwondo Award Course.
|24th June||25th June||20th August||MSE, 103A Oxford Street, London, W1D 1LS|
|5th August||6th August||8th October||The Dome, Doncaster Lakeside, Bawtry Road, Doncaster DN4 7PD|
|30th September||1st October||17th December||Bluewave Taekwondo Club, Unit 3A Vickers Business Centre, Priestley Rd, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24 9NP|
|30th September||01st October||17th December||MSE, 103A Oxford Street, London, W1D 1LS|
|4th November||5th November||28th January 2018||The Dome, Doncaster Lakeside, Bawtry Road, Doncaster DN4 7PD|
|09th December||10thDecember||04th March 2018||MSE, 103A Oxford Street, London, W1D 1LS|
|13th January 2018||14th January 2018||18th March 2018||POSTPONED
Bluewave Taekwondo Club, Unit 3A Vickers Business Centre, Priestley Rd, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24 9NP
More dates will be announced in due course.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANYONE WHO TURNS UP AT THE COURSE WITHOUT BOOKING FIRST – WILL BE TURNED AWAY. BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL.